Procrastination
I'm sure that many know (or don't know) that I am the world's largest procrastinator. If you want proof, you can ask my landlord. I never pay her until the 3rd of the month. I have to set alarms on my Blackberry for weeks before bills are actually due, just so I pay them on time. If I know that my apartment needs to be clean for company, I won't start until minutes before they get here, so that they must sit and wait for me to complete the task upon arrival.
Now, I'm not going to necessarily blame beer for this, but come on! How much better does drinking a beer and watching tv sound than ANYTHING ON THE PLANET?! Who have I become? The dad from The Wonder Years? So be it, I don't care. Now where's my Pacifico?
Alas, I cannot drink tonight because I have a major midterm for this Modern Art class I'm taking. It is now 8:49pm, and instead of starting to study at 7 (like originally intended), I am doing EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE to keep myself from not studying. Dusting, washing towels, organizing my shoes in color order (divided by brand), paying bills, making a wishlist of things that I would like to purchase/receive (hallelujah Wacom tablet), stalking people via facebook, and now blogging. (Can someone in the universe PLEASE change that word? It's so bad.)
So maybe my answer to getting domestic tasks done / curing my impending alcoholism is Modern Art? How's that for deep? (Ps. I'm so happy I found that picture of Judie Funnie)
Anyway. How rad was Obama's speech? I mean, the entire nation (except for half of it) was JAMMING simultaneously. Today is the raddest day ever!
One small exception. Where did my civil liberties go? I could have sworn I had them yesterday. Chickens have more rights than me in California (Thank you Prop 2, Fuck You Prop 8). Thank you for spending 2 million dollars, Mormon community, on this proposition. I'm sure there was nothing better for you to spend 2,000,000 on, right? Count those zeroes, y'all. Now I'm not blaming the Mormons for this, I'm just saying 2,000,000?! Really? No, but really?! You thought that was a good idea?
Okay, okay. Time to start studying. After I import cds onto my computer. After I read all the blogs (barf) I've been meaning to read. After I make sure that my NPR podcasts have updated. After I make (ok, I won't lie...buy) some food. After I call my sister to laugh at her for supporting an administration that would have included this woman. After I go to the newsstand on Cahuenga and buy some magazines/the newspaper. How about how the LA Times is selling out everywhere? TODAY IS THE JAM AND I AM JAMMING SO HARD RIGHT NOW. Tomorrow, I will be dead and failing Modern Art.
3 Comments:
Haha, this post was so damn entertaining. I'm sure most of our class can relate.
That has got to be a funniest blog I've read in a long long long long time :D
You so kick ass with that entry! hahahahaha
good for you that he god lazy and made it a take home essay.
have i mentioned yet that your blog sometimes gives me seizures. like when the simpsons go to japan?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home